What is done with the blood sample?
Why does the lab keep the blood sample for approximately 30 days?
The blood sample is kept in case the antibody test has to be repeated to meet lab quality standards. We do not want customers to provide a second blood sample which would be inconvenient. We request a minimum of 2 blood circles and preferably 5 blood circles in case a test has to be repeated.
Does ImmunoProfile® store the blood sample?
No. The blood sample is destroyed after one time use per the lab protocol of disposal within approximately 30 days. The blood samples are disposed as biohazard material. The lab does not keep blood samples.
Does ImmunoProfile® conduct DNA or other testing?
No. ImmunoProfile® ONLY conducts antibody testing and no other testing is ever conducted on the blood sample.
Are my test results private?
Yes. Each customer creates their own private and secure customer portal account at the time of purchase with a unique password and login credentials. Thereafter, each time the customer, logs in to the portal a two-factor authentication process is initiated, and only the customer can access their account. When the test results are available the customer will login into their individual customer portal to view their test results. ONLY the customer will determine if they want to share their test results which are available to be viewed on the computer, smartphone, tablet or in PDF format for printing and emailing.
Does ImmunoProfile® sell my information or test results?
No. ImmunoProfile® will NEVER sell your personal information or test results to anyone. The entire system at ImmunoProfile® follows HIPAA guidelines. Your personal information including test results are private. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge
Who has access to my blood sample and test results?
How does ImmunoProfile® perform 11 antibody tests from a single drop of blood?
Unlike the now dissolved Theranos Company that tried to test multiple diagnostic categories simultaneously, ImmunoProfile® only focuses on antibody IgG tests that run on proven platforms.
ImmunoProfile® uses a proven U.S. FDA-cleared testing platform that has been used globally for over 20 years by multiple medical diagnostic companies, research facilities and academic institutions. The proprietary assay and test kit are both produced in FDA inspected manufacturing facilities. The antibody test is performed in a CLIA/CAP accredited U.S. laboratory.
Does ImmunoProfile® meet the WHO (World Health Organization) standards?
Yes. Each of the 11 antibody test results are built to the WHO standards. The WHO standards are used to establish the cut-off values for each test to determine the level of protection for each individual test result.
Can I use my Health Insurance to pay for the Antibody Test?
ImmunoProfile® has HSA and FSA approval. You can submit your receipt to your health insurance company but ImmunoProfile® cannot guarantee reimbursement and you are subject to your policy’s deductibles, co-payments, co-insurance and other terms and conditions.
What is an Antibody?
Do antibodies decline in their effectiveness over time?
For more information:
- Hepatits B Antibody Medical Article: Web Access | PDF Download
- Immunization of Health Care Workers – CDC Recommendations: Web Access | PDF Download
How quickly will I receive my test results?
Can I provide my test results to entities that request vaccination status?
How do I collect my sample from home?
- Your Specimen Collection Kit will come with everything you need including an instruction for use pamphlet to collect a finger prick blood sample at home and safely ship your sample to a CLIA-certified laboratory.
- In order to get your sample to our labs as quickly as possible, we provide a prepaid UPS shipping label. Samples must be collected and returned to a UPS drop box the same day or next day. After collection is complete, ship the collection sample, Monday through Friday, and before the carrier’s last pickup time for the day.
- You can find drop box locations on the UPS website.
How can I track the status of my collection sample shipment?
- You should receive emails from ImmunoProfile® thanking you for your purchase of a Specimen Kit and when your test results are ready at the secure and private portal.
- We recommend making a note of your tracking number on the shipping label so you can track your sample through the UPS website. If you have questions about your shipping status, please reach out to: UPS: 1-888-742-5877
What is a laboratory developed test (LDT)?
- A laboratory developed test (LDT) is a type of in vitro diagnostic test that is designed, manufactured and used within a single laboratory.
- For more information please go to: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/in-vitro-diagnostics/laboratory-developed-tests
How many Specimen Collection Kits can I purchase and have tested?
Due to the prescription approval process, you may only order one test kit at a time. The checkout process only processes one purchase at time. Complete the entire purchasing process for each kit and then begin the process again for any subsequent purchases. In addition, only persons 18 years or older may purchase one kit at a time per the prescription approval process. Thank you for your understanding from the ImmunoProfile® Team.
Can I purchase a Specimen Collection Kit if I am under the age of 18?
“Sorry we cannot sell to you” (we cannot administer test or proceed with login for under 18).
Which states in the USA can I purchase a Specimen Collection Kit?
Available in all 50 states including the District of Columbia.